June 16, 2021 (Updated December 20, 2022)
Maine Virtual Academy (MEVA)
ARP (ESSER III) Continuity of Education Plan
- MEVA is continuing its remote learning model in accordance with our mission and vision. MEVA is providing our teachers with two weeks of professional development/preparation prior to the first day of school.
- MEVA is communicating with families via emails, newsletters, and onboarding sessions. There are no changes to students’ and families’ experiences within their academic schedules, because of the pandemic (COVID-19).
- MEVA is expanding its remote instructional model to the summer for tutoring and credit recovery courses. The summer session addresses students’ learning losses through targeted skills development informed by course grades and assessments. The school calendar includes the Summer Session dates.
- As usual, MEVA is administering the fall NWEAs, math, reading and language usage sections, during October, to establish an academic baseline for our students in grades 7 – 11. MEVA also plans to administer the NWEAs during the Winter in January, and Spring in May, as scheduled.
- For grade 12 students, seniors, MEVA will assess their progress towards graduation and postsecondary plans on an individual basis during the early fall and provide interventions as needed.
- MEVA administers school climate surveys to students, parents, teachers, and staff throughout the school year. The data informs our continuous school improvement efforts.