June 16, 2021 (Updated May 17, 2022)
Maine Virtual Academy (MEVA)
ESSER III: Continuity of Education Plan
- MEVA is continuing its remote learning model in accordance with our mission and vision. MEVA is providing our teachers with two weeks of professional development/preparation, August 16th – August 28th, prior to the first day of school, August 27th, 2021.
- MEVA is communicating with families via emails, newsletters, and onboarding sessions. There are no changes to students’ and families’ experiences within their academic schedules, because of the pandemic (COVID-19).
- MEVA is incorporating Social Emotional Learning (SEL) into the weekly advisory groups through a structured, teacher-designed program. MEVA is featuring our SEL in its September newsletter. MEVA is planning to administer the Panorama SEL survey to all students in the fall to provide baseline social/emotional data to inform our instruction.
- MEVA is expanding its remote instructional model to the summer for tutoring and credit recovery courses. The summer session addresses students’ learning losses through targeted skills development informed by course grades and assessments. The school calendar includes the Summer Session dates.
- As usual, MEVA is administering the fall NWEAs, math, reading and language usage sections, during the first week of school and throughout the month of September, to establish an academic baseline for our students in grades 7 – 11. MEVA also plans to administer the Winter and Spring NWEAs as scheduled.
- For grade 12 students, seniors, MEVA will assess their progress towards graduation and postsecondary plans on an individual basis during the early fall and provide interventions as needed.